Tuesday 3 May 2011

My First Jar Project

So last night was my first attempt at colouring old jars. I thought I would practice on two cocktail sauce jars I had saved for a project in the future. I didn't want to use any of my new "old" jars from my garage sale finds this past weekend. So this is my version...

I followed the tutorial from sugar baby boutique. Click on the name and you can follow the same tutorial. My only issue with this project was the food colouring I used. I'm not an experienced baker, but I think the stuff I bought was not meant for this project.


So if you follow the tutorial, you'll see that I did something different. To make my glasses dry quickly, I popped them in the oven!  My heat temp was maybe a bit too high. 150 degrees is probably good.

I had to let them cool down for a while, they were hot when I took them out of the oven!
And the finished product with twine wrapped around the top, some sand and a candle.


What do you think? Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. Wow Katie, they look amazing! I just bought some old mason jars this morning and I think they would look fantastic this colour. I'll have to check out the tutorial. I love the twine around the top also! ~ Yvonne (your newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great!! I'm so glad you tried it out :) I love the added the twine, what a cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing!! I have done this before -- loved the results!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those came out great! I am putting this on my project list. Newest follower here:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete