Wednesday 4 May 2011

Upcycled Dollarstore Boxes

A little while back I got some decorative boxes from the dollar store. Simple little boxes in four different sizes. They were cute with a light white and beige floral pattern. The boxes were not jiving with my style and were kinda boring. I wanted to give these little gems some colour. So then I got out the acrylic paint!

I saw a while back on someones blog that they had upcycled some old decorative Christmas boxes, if you are that person, let me know I will give you credit!! That person numbered the boxes with stencils.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right??

So here it is...  What are your thoughts?

P.S. This project cost me zero dollars, I had everything on hand.

I really wish I had a before picture, but I'm sure I accidentally deleted it! Apologies!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    I just started a linky party this past Tuesday. It was a great success with over 50 link ups! I would love it if you would participate! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
    Tina
    http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
    PS. I'm GIVING away 50 button pony tailers this month! Come visit and claim yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the Dollar Store for Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete