Sunday 8 May 2011

Mothers Day Flower Bouquet

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there! I am forever grateful to my Mother for giving me the wonderful life that I have. My mother is forever encouraging, supportive and loving. I just want to say how much I love my mom!

This is something I put together on Saturday for a Mother's Day Gift for a friend on behalf of her very young sons!



Remember this? This is what I used as the vase. I figured my friends three boys would eventually trash the pom-pom flowers. So this would be something she could keep.

I thought this would be a great little homespun gift for a great mom!

After making a few Pom-Pom Flowers, I got thinking, I've got this...
This is a wine bottle from a friends wedding we went to last fall. I didn't want to throw it away, I wanted to keep it and remember the day... but wine bottles are only so glamourous - I found a way to re-purpose it. I decided to first wrap jute around the bottle. Securing it with hot glue from a glue gun. Then in the middle I decided to wrap twine on top of the jute. Turned out cute right?

The bottle still needed something. It has sat lonely on a desk for a while now... Then I had an IDEA!
Why not make more Pom-Pom flowers and make a bouquet for this bottle!

And here is how it turned out...

What do you think? I love the blue and green together!

Happy Mothers Day! Much Love to all the Mother's out there today! Mom's have the hardest job and never receive the credit they deserve. Mothers shape and influence our future generations, as if that isn't a hard enough job. I am so blessed to have such a loving mother. I love you mom! xo

1 comment: