Tuesday 17 May 2011

Just a little something I whipped up on a Sunday afternoon!

On Sunday I tried my hand at fabric rosettes. I had to practice a little. Can't say they were the best or the worst... but it was an experience I will master!

So this is what I whipped up:



It's cute eh? Cost me nothing at all to make, I had everything on hand. I love projects like these!

I started with this

Then I wrapped the wreath with jute
Wrapping the wreath with jute was probably the longest part of the whole process. I secured the jute with a glue gun.

I made the rosettes - I used a couple of websites/blogs to show me how to do this. I can't say that there was one specific blog or website that helped... I just went with it and tried. Hence why my rosettes are not perfect! I hot glued buttons on to the rosettes and secured my rosettes on to the wreath with hot glue.

And here is the final project
I put the wreath on my thermostat to pretty it up, as it sits in the middle of the wall! So what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. love the jute with the colorful flowers! Great texture! I think your rosettes are great! What a fun springy / summery wreath! Thanks for linking up to WWWW!

    ReplyDelete