Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter Bunny Poop - An Easy Easter Treat!

As you all know, I'm no Betty Crocker! However my friend Wendy made a tray of baked goods at Christmas this past year, I fell in love with these instantly. If you love chocolate covered pretzels, I guarantee, you will LOVE these! But most of all, I believe that you will love how easy these are to make!!

Now I'm not going to lie to you all but, but last Sunday I tried these and I messed it up! How? I wondered the same thing. I love to quote Carrie Bradshaw from SATC by saying "The only successful thing I've made in a kitchen is a mess and a fire" And that folks, pretty much sums up my cooking/baking skills.

Today, I thought I would try this again. After talking to my friend Wendy yesterday, I realized that I probably had not let my oven warm up enough. I have an oven that is from Betty Crocker's golden days!

So this is what you need:
1 Bag Hershey's Kiss
1 Bag PC square pretzels
1 Bag M&M's
1 Baking Tray

So here is the drill:
Note - I don't usually give people recipes, so I'm really sorry if you don't understand what I'm talking about!
1.Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, let it really warm up good - obviously?!
2.Lay out pretzels all over over your baking pan (PC Square Pretzels are best)
3.Unwrap Hershey Kisses and sit them on the pretzel

This is a picture I took of mine, in the event that you don't have a clue as to what I'm describing to you....  
   
4.Stick them in the oven for no more than 5 minutes but somewhere between 3-4minutes is probably best. You want the kiss to begin to droop like a messy poop. This is probably terribly inappropriate, but since I'm calling these treats Easter Bunny Poop, it is appropriate, in my mind :) My Grandma's would be so disappointed if they saw me write like this - if you're reading, sorry Gram & Oma!
5.Take out of the oven and stick an M&M on top of all the Kiss'
6.After you're done step 5, stick the tray in a fridge or a cool place so the chocolate can harden
7.You're Done and Gobble them up!!!

This is how mine turned out
Not too shabby? And soo easy!
So if you struggle in the kitchen and need to bring a snack to a party, Easter gathering (or any holiday  just change the colour of the M&M's), this is your thing. If I can do it, you can do it!

Hoppy Easter Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment